8.22.2010

lukewarm

Everything feels lukewarm right now. My job, my life, my activities and my friends. I miss looking forward to things. Getting REALLY excited about things. Having a purpose to the things I'm doing.

I'm not serving anywhere. Not volunteering with a youth group, a church, homeless ministries. NOTHING. All through high school and college I looked forward to the day that my time would be my own. When I could read all the books I wanted, spend all the time at home I wanted, watching all the movies I wanted, but here is the big surprise:

Being selfish and laying around doing nothing, sucks.

I feel pointless. Useless. And boring.

I want to get up and jump back into life but I'm not even sure how...?

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I hear you dearie. I've been there, kinda trying to get out of that same place.

What I did: I took the time I was using for myself and started doing thing I wanted to do but that involved other people: I started my photography business, taking photo shoots of who ever wanted them, and I joined a musical at a local Christian theater that runs until the beginning of November.

Its kept me really busy, and I find that I'm making a lot of new friendships, and learning new ways to minister to other people through friendship and involvement.

Just a thought. You should take something you like to do and then turn it into something meaningful. If you like watching movies, maybe start a movie discussion group and do a movie once a week or once every two weeks. You could even make it a sort of bible study, and study the messages the movie had in it.

Same with your books. I know book clubs may sound cheesy, but I've always wanted to do one. :)

Just some thoughts of how to get back up off your duff and still do the things you like to do, but also start exploring new venues and finding purpose. :)

jessie said...

Thanks cassie :) i love your book club idea. I've been wanting to do one for years, maybe its time to make it happen.

Cassie said...

YES! If I lived closer to you, I would be the first to join your book club. :)

Take an idea and turn it into an action. If you're in a mindset that you can't do something, you just won't. I woke up one morning and said "I'm doing a photography major and starting my own business" and then I did it. It may not be very high off the ground but its hovering. The smallest form of success is absolutely liberating and you'll instantly feel that flattering feeling of spontaneity and your creative juices flowing. Once you break through, there's no stopping you. :)

P.s. how do I follow your blog? There is no follow button....