10.23.2009

old and improved

This blog has become too... can I use the word "public"? I find that word choice odd since I only know of two people who actually read this. I use the word public to describe it though because almost since the beginning of this blog I've written for others and not for myself. I am currently reacquainting myself with the younger me via my old Xanga posts and I must say that I miss me. She had a lot of faults but she was a much better writer than I currently am.

I'm sorry me. I think I've let you down. At 21 didn't you expect to have published something? Hadn't you planned on living in Europe? I don't apologize to you for who I am, but I do apologize to you for selling out. I sold us out to shallow thoughts, unfinished dreams and laziness. No more.

It will take time. But I will change.

I will not lose myself in another person. He may be the bee's knees, but he is himself and I must be me. I know he will love me no matter what I do, but right now I'm honestly more concerned with how I feel about myself.

And so we come to the classic beginning of the end; or is it the end of the beginning once I post this?

2 comments:

Joshua Smith said...

Today is nothing if tomorrow is the same.

Anonymous said...

Aww I read it and I love your posts. But feeling good about yourself is important and if you feel it's time for change then go for it. No worries :)