1.29.2010

vanilla twilight

Its snowy and cold again. And I'm remembering those warm evenings sitting on the back porch, alone,  watching the light fade while the backyard went to sleep.

Gosh, I hate working in an office sometimes. I feel like the world is going on outside while I'm stuck in a fake creation of plaster and florescent light.

Maybe if I cared about my job it would be different.
What could I do that I care about?
I had a job that I cared about for awhile... but then the caring became my job and it was a terrible thing.
Caring about people should never become a job.

But, what should I do then?
There are very few things I am passionate enough about to invest myself in them for more than money.
I go to work to make money to live.
I do things I love to stay sane.

It's hard to think about what it would be like to combine those two things... is it possible?

No comments: