9.04.2008

community

Community and I have a love/hate relationship.

I hate living in a close knit community because you’re with the same people all the time and it can become stifling if you cannot get away (because you don’t have a car or whatnot). But on the other hand, I love living in a community because those people that are always around become your closest friends, and even a part of your family sometimes. When you’re hurting you don’t have to be alone you just have to be brave enough to reach out. When you’re confused about something you just have to walk to the next room or across campus and sit down and talk with someone. When you want to laugh and have fun you just grab a few people and go…

I want to focus on the love part today. I’ve been making an effort for the past 7 weeks or so to be more positive. It’s going well and perhaps that why God is enabling me to usually see the silver lining on everything…

Anyway, lately I feel like God has been telling me to get all I can out of being here. Not just out of the people but out of the school work too. I’m exerting effort to have a better attitude towards my school work this semester, since that’s the reason that I am actually here.

Today I have that strange feeling that at any moment someone might pull the rug right out from under me; it wouldn’t be too surprising since God likes to do that but it’s making me a little anxious because I like to know what’s coming. So yeah, I’m trying to soak up all I can from the people around me and the information that I am steeped in daily.

That’s just a tiny update on my life for ya’ll… whoever reads this, I don’t actually know…

No comments: