12.09.2008

no strings attatched

Being sersious can be a good thing. But when every action and decision has the possibility to become a breeding ground for stress, drama, guilt, perfectionism and strain then I think we've gone too far.

I've always been a very "do it by the rules" kind of person. I tend to get stressed because sometimes I don't know what the rules are. And if I know them I strain so hard to follow them that I trudge through piles of guilt and stress when I fail.

But what if my whole theory is skewed?

Abundant life that Christians are offered to walk in doesn't sound like it includes stress and guilt yet these are the things I struggle with. Has it come down to Christians judging people more harshly than God ever does? I guess we'll see. But I've seen people who follow God yet don't agonize over every choice and they are so much happier and I think make a better impact for God.

I want to be one of those people. So here I go...

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I'm glad you're making this change. Mind if I join you?