4.23.2009

nomad

I’m coming to the end (ish) of my time here at Ozark and I kind of feel like I cheated myself. I’ve lived on three different floors in four semesters. Looking back I wish I would have stayed on G2 because at least I would have been with them through my whole two years. As it stands now I am claimed by no one because I never stayed long enough or got close enough.

Sometimes I’m not very good at community… but is that really true? Tonight at devos they were talking about how we have such great community in our dorm/floor and how we need to branch out and spread that community to others on campus. And I sat there, looked around me and noted that none of my closest friends were in that group. My friends are scattered. I have friends in every dorm and I love it… maybe that’s why I don’t feel so close to my dorm as everyone else does.

Whatever it is, it bothers me. I feel like I missed out on something. You can’t have everything in life and I’m not going to sit around regretting my decisions but if I had it all to do over again, I think I would do it just a little bit differently.

No comments: