5.09.2009

be all there

I hate when people are late. I view chronically late people as lazy, inconsiderate and above all; Rude. My time is valuable to me and I hate to waste it.

But sometimes I spend too much time planning, scheduling and watching the clock.

I was with some friends the other day and I kept looking at my phone to check the time so I could leave and get on with the next thing I had to do. Then I realized; I like these people. I like them. Why am I counting down the minutes until I leave them, shouldn't I be savoring each moment?

"Wherever you are, be all there," said Jim Elliot.

Some people are late because they ARE rude and inconsiderate. But some people are late because they are enjoying each moment they have with the people they are already with. They may strive to be on time but always come up a few minutes short because they are exerting themselves right where they are... they are loving, laughing and talking to people other than you. Other than me.

One of my professors recently said to the class, "If you get offended often you need to take a step back. Who are you, what make's you such a big deal that you have the right to be offended about something someone does to you?"

Who am I, to take so much offense?

Wherever I am, I want to start being all there.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I love how Puntial(sp?) you are all the time. It's one of those things i really appreciate. But by the same token, I think you are on to something here. Keeping your word, being where you promised to be, when you promised to be there is important. That is why I almost always hesitate when agreeing on a specific time. I want to be there when I say I will. But remember, "Everything in Moderation".

*Hug*

I Miss you...