2.02.2010

bright star

Roomie and I watched Bright Star tonight and while neither of us actually liked the movie, it reminded me how much I love poetry... and words in general.

It's time to pick up my pen again.
A pen in one hand and a book in the other.
I need some new volumes of poetry.
Poetry is truly old fashioned, very few still dabble in poetry and even then, its not like it was before.

Poetry and love? I like what Elizabeth has to say on the subject. I quite agree.
(And I adore dancing.)

Elizabeth Bennet: And that put paid to it. I wonder who first discovered the power of poetry in driving away love?
Mr. Darcy: I thought that poetry was the food of love.
Elizabeth Bennet: Of a fine stout love, it may. But if it is only a vague inclination I'm convinced one poor sonnet will kill it stone dead
Mr. Darcy: So what do you recommend to encourage affection?
Elizabeth Bennet: Dancing. Even if one's partner is barely tolerable.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

thats how it happened for us too! Dancing!!! =D