1.19.2009

as a woman...

The other day I was confronted with something I've never had to deal with before. Living in America and being raised by a family that said I could do anything made it even more shocking to me when I was told I couldn't do something becase I am a woman.

I have never been told that before. I was honestly livid.

I was not being particularly addressed (which in itself made me feel like I was invisible) but hearing someone say I could not do something because of who I am really sucker punched me.

I am not a feminist by any means but I do believe that men and women are equal, yet different.

To compare my tiny experieance with the likes of women being unable to vote or not allowed to follow their dreams would be ridiculous. But I found it interesting to get just a little taste of what life might have been like for women in the past.

3 comments:

Karl said...

First, what did they say?

Second, http://www.facebook.com/group.php?sid=f2dc088c894eec3b542ddea00e9b640c&gid=2213017363
Lol.

jessie said...

lol thnaks for that link! heh

Karl said...

Haha, no prob.