1.20.2009

the harris generation

Was it actually a good idea for my generation to have Kissed-Dating-Goodbye?

I've been reading and watching people lately... (ha! Those are actually two of my most favorite pastimes.) And it seems that so far when we kissed dating goodbye we set down a very rocky path...
  • Guys won't step up and ask a girl they like out on a date (for a multitude of reasons, I understand...)
  • People get too serious too fast because they have been warned against the evils of the "casual date"
  • Christian "singles" groups... which I really don't understand at all
  • etc. etc.Theres' so much more but I need to go to bed soon.

A trend that a good friend and I noticed last semester was that guys who actually are proactive and pursue a girl they like were jokingly (or not so jokingly) refered to as a "stalker" or a "creeper". I've noticed that many girls do this. Seriously, it needs to stop. You cannot go around calling a guy a creeper just because he really likes you but you don't feel the same way. That's not nice AND you'll prolly never get asked out again. lol

Just some random thoughts on dating... goodnight!

2 comments:

Karl said...

I hated that book. I stopped reading it in the first chapter.

jessie said...

I remember reading it and thinking that it was great but I've been thinking about it a lot lately and now I want to go back and look at it again to see why it was so appealing because now I think the book hasn't been such a great influence.