1.29.2009

scaffolding

It’s time to build some scaffolding and repair myself.

Bitterness and anger. They don’t hurt the person you direct them at, they hurt you. When you stockpile this fuel inside it slowly feeds the fire, takes over and runs your life. Even if you think that it doesn’t.

I am angry. I am bitter. I am upset. I am weary of this. I could wait for situations to change; life to change or I can go ahead and change myself. The only thing I can change is me. Or more correctly, I can choose to change and then allow God to restore me.

I love the book of James. I always end up coming back to it…

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. (James 1:19-20)

Can I even serve God effectively when I am angry and bitter? I think I can for awhile (by pretending and habit) but when I’ve got these weights dragging me down only one of two things will happen: I will cut them off, or I will drown.

No comments: