3.08.2010

error room

Let it Be... I just love The Beatles
I would have been a fantastic hippie
Too bad I missed the '70's

Anyway, I don't like to put gas into my car
I always think, "there is something more important I could do with this money, I'm sure".
And so my poor Stratus gets dehydrated often
But never as badly as it did Saturday on the way to work
No gas and a couple of steps toward walking to work later a car pulled up next to me
She offered me a ride and I accepted.

Afterward I got to thinking as I usually run my life through analysisto detect any lessons I should be catching on to...

I usually scorn people's lack of preparation for life
Being late, losing things, forgetting things
Oddly enough, (I think God calls in Irony?), I've been that person lately
Not putting gas in my car made me feel so stupid
But three people helped me out and none of them chastised me
It also put me in a position where I had to accept help

I don't like that.

I like to be on top of things
The girl who has it all together
But one doesn't learn very well like that
At least, this one doesn't

If I never allow anyone to see my weakness
am I real?
Will they ever get close to me?
It was strange to be the one being helped instead of the one helping.
As a first born, INTJ, Beaver/Lion 
I'm used to being in charge and taking care of others

I'm softly learning humility
But its hard.
You don't want other people to witness things you aren't proud of
But they aren't proud of theirs either.

The more we error, the more we leave room for people to love us.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful words! I think it's okay to not want people to see mistakes, to want organisation and planning, but the main thing is that you're okay with it.

Ooh I love your blog, all your words are so inspiring and thoughtful. *I'll be back*

Have a fab week xoxo

jessie said...

thank you! I'm glad you like my blog! I'll be checking yours out now!

merelymortal said...

Woah, that last statement was great! Made me stop and think. I really want to steal it and put it as my fb status. lol.

jessie said...

Thank you! And as long as you link to my blog! ;D

Anonymous said...

Wait... I thought you were an ISTJ...

Anyway, good post. Really good post.

jessie said...

Nope, intj always have and always will. lol

Patrick said...

I Love this. To see you growing and sharing it is so beautiful. This is my Favoritist post of yours ever!