10.17.2008

introvert

So I'm here in Dallas, Texas for a meeting of the America Association of Christian Counselors this weekend. First of all, I love Dallas but I'm really sad that we can't wander more and look around.

Secondly, I am going crazy. I am an introverted person; this means that I recharge by being alone. Alone as in AWAY from other PEOPLE. Trying to get away alone is nearly impossible. A six hour trip in a van with 9 other people, sharing a hotel room with three other girls, spending all day with hundreds of people in rooms at the Hilton... my only escape so far as been the bathroom. Sometimes I seriously run in there and just lean against the wall and breathe to try and get some balance.

I never realized how inconvenient being introverted really is. You lucky extroverts can usually find people to be with anywhere and at any time but for us introverts it can be so hard to get away...

I know that I need time alone because today I have been cranky, angry, annoyed, sad, upset and feeling sick. I also feel really trapped. This is how I feel when I cannot get some time alone.

Praise the Lord, I was able to hang out for a teeny tiny bit alone in the room and write this post. But the girls are back from swimming now *sigh* so I'll end this because my mind just exploded again.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I don't understand you...

But i still love you. I'm sorry. It's almost over.