10.05.2008

a moment of rest

So I’ve got some down time… the school library is closed, my man is at work and my roommate and I are at Starbucks. I love coffeehouses! The ambience isn’t the only part I enjoy, especially around here where I see fellow Ozark students wherever I go. Its been cool to sit here and observe life as the people flow in and out with cups filled with various concoctions.

Being here makes me happy. Its slow, its artistic, its an aspect of life that I love in slow motion.

I miss being able to do stuff like this whenever I want. I miss the freedom of having a car to be able to take off and get a group together or just go somewhere alone. I never realized how blessed I was at home to have access to the family cars pretty much whenever I wanted.


So I got interrupted because, true to coffeehouse form, a friend walked in, sat down and we struck up a conversation. I don’t want this to be just another complaining entry but I want to voice how sad it makes me that we have so little time to get to know those around us. With juggling classes, then loads of homework, jobs, sleep (when we can!) and significant others it gets harder and harder to build deep relationships with the wonderful people around you. If you're not careful they are "just those people I eat lunch with" or "Those guys I had a class with Freshman year"...

I’ve really missed that deepness this week. I want to sit down and debate or discuss a subject that has a deeper impact on life than the lunch menu for that week in the caf. I want to call my best friend and talk the night away like we use to do. To drive down the highway headed towards the home of a friend where we can bake cookies together and enjoy the smell of almond flavoring together. (Its amazing! You should smell it).

But over all I have missed this. This part of my life that helps me feel full and whole, or organize my thoughts and to express the things that fester inside of me. This beautiful world where words rule and I can ramble about things that I care about. I love to write.

I also miss God. But I have to leave Starbucks now. So I’ll finish this thought the next time I can… hopefully that time will come soon.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

*hug*

I'm SO glad you got to write something. i've been really worried about you.