10.14.2008

now

This past weekend has been such a refreshment. To be at home, outside of the Ozark bubble, back in the real world. No where in the real world is there a caf that you all gather at. No where is there a student center where you check your mail and hang out. College is fake life.

Fake life won't help you live in the real world.

What is the real world? You may be wondering. To me, the real world is a job, friends from all around, not just your campus, getting involved with church (because at school you don't have time!), growing friendships gradually instead of being thrown together and pretending you are so close.

I've also seen how pointless my life is lately. Hanging out with Patrick and my other friends is great but what am I DOING? Who am I helping? I go to youth group twice a week but is anything getting accomplished? I need to step it up.

They talked about missions and stuff in chapel today and it inspired me. I am inspired to get up and get moving again. I came to school this year with passion, happiness, love... and now I'm bitter, complaining and weary. This is not abundant life. There are people out there suffering and I am whining about living in a dorm and having tons of food and clothing... it's time to change. I'm not sure how, but I know when; NOW.

No comments: