8.19.2008

booklist

There's a lot cooking in my brain right now but I'm still thinking on it, so instead of posting about that I decided to post the list of books I read this summer. Each one contributed a bit to my life, some more than others and I didn't enjoy them all but I am so glad that I was able to read them. The school year started again today and syllabus shock is setting in. I am realizing that I am not going to be able to read many, if any, books for fun this semester. But I am okay with that because I knew it was coming. That's why I tried to cram as many books into the summer as I could.

Tell Me, Pretty Maiden –Ryhs Bowen
My Antonia – Willa Cather
Twilight – Stephenie Meyer
In Dublin’s Fair City –Rhys Bowen
New Moon – Stephenie Meyer
Eclipse –Stephenie Meyer
Alice Adams – Boot Tarkington
Ethan Frome – Edith Wharton
Naked Once More – Elizabeth Peters
The Hound of the Baskervilles – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Utopia – Thomas More
Emma – Jane Austen
The Host – Stephenie Meyer
Savage Beauty –Nancy Milford
Persuasion – Jane Austen
Why We’re Not Emergent – Kevin DeYoung & Ted Kluck
Writing about Your Life – William Zinsser
Jane Austen – Carol Shields
The Last Lecture – Randy Pausch
Switching Time – Richard Baer

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Utopia by thomas more....an interesting work.

What did you think of it?