2.13.2009

fruit & flowers

Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. Self-control.

I want this to be the fruit of my life; what people see when they look at the things I do and say. I want them to show up ASAP. I have a mircowave mindset. But good, rich, healthy things don't come easily. For something to be worth a certain amount it has to be worked for just that much.


I recently wrote about feeling a loss of self-control. I've decided that I want it back. Its at the end of a long list of lovely qualities that I would love to posess, (see first line above). After thinking, talking and praying I've decided it's time to gain back what I've lost. Starting with Love I want to go down the list and gather these traits like flowers. I'll grow them up and make them into a bouquet to carry around with me everywhere I go. As I walk along I can hand out the flowers and head back to the garden to pick the others that I want continually to grow there.

2 comments:

Karl said...

I ever tell you how much I love your writing?

jessie said...

thank you! :) That means a lot because I want to be a writer!