6.23.2008

alone time

WARNING:: I shall be posting a couple times today because for some reason the fancy to do so has seized me.

Alone time is something that I have come to value very much. Perhaps it was the constant companionship at college that taught me how precious is time spent alone or perhaps my introvertedness is finally asserting itself more strongly. Whatever the reason, I find it very hard and quite trying, to go days at a time without the refreshment of solitude.

My favorite is when I am all alone in the house and I can read, enjoy a movie, wash dishes and listen to my music or just sit outside on the steps. But when that is not avaliable I also like to be in my room or I even delight in just driving places by myself.

I know that being alone is not always possible and I do not always desire it, but there are days that I know I will go crazy if I am forced to be with one more set of people. Whether it be a set agreeable to me or not, I don't wish to see any more people.

I think others tend to find this hard to understand. They think I am being mean by avoiding even those I love, or stuck up or afraid. But that is not generally the truth. The truth is that if I do not spend time alone then I will turn into a very miserable person, hardpressed to bring any joy to those around me.

I am utterly grateful to have most of today alone.

No comments: