6.19.2008

phone call

One phone call has completely changed my day...

Work was awful, a long boring day where I messed up a customers order not once but THREE times and then I also banged up my bad knee pretty badly on the side of a counter. It still hurts. And as usual my feet hurt. But I was sitting on the couch tonight following the emotional adventures of Miss Emma Woodhouse when a dear friend of mine called from California to share some exciting news with me. Her happiness and joy (not to mention her usual bubbly personality) lifted me up and refreshed me. She was exactly what I needed.

The more I experience in life the more I realize that we are never meant to be alone. I always think I have a grasp on this concept until something pulls me in deeper and shows me I have even more to learn.

When we are down sometimes we need others to lift us up, and when we are happy sometimes we need others to share in our happiness. It's beautiful really. We all need God but we also need other people.

No comments: