7.07.2008

dreaming

How much store should we put by dreams? I studied dreams a little in psychology last semester but the most I feel like I discovered was that you tend to dream about what is stressing you, exciting you, what’s going on in your life or what you really want…

I have some friends that put a big emphasis on dreams and dream interpretation. They can pull the most obscure meanings from things that seem straight forward to me. I tend to think that’s silly but what about the dreams that are yelling a truth at you blatantly? I usually disregard dreams because I figure that I’m not thinking with my logical mind, it’s all emotion in dreams… right???

Maybe dreams uncover our true feelings that have been lost and mixed up in the conscious world where we pick everything apart. I wish I could do something on impulse for once. Stupid analytical brain.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Eew, you know what I hate is when you have a dream that randomly puts you in a romantic situation with someone you've never given a second thought to, never found attractive, still don't find attractive after the dream, and are left going, "What the crap?! Why HIM, of all people?!"