7.11.2008

two-faced

While being at work I’ve discovered just how two-faced people (especially girls) can be. Someone left the room today and everyone suddenly started in on how awful it was to work with her and this and that and blah blah blah… I suddenly had this fear that they talked about me this way as well when I wasn’t around! I was seized with the panic that I mustn’t do anything that would put me in a bad light or give them a reason to complain about me what I wasn’t around. Then I realized something; whether I gave them a reason or not, they would probably still say some negative things about me sometimes. If I was quiet I’d be considered too quiet, loud or too loud. Quick working or lazy… who knows. And as I thought about it my tension eased. There are two-faced people everywhere and they will always find something to talk about so if you live your life always worried about what people are saying about you, then you’re not living at all. Just let it go and accept that someone is always saying something… that might even give you (me) a reason to stop and listen more carefully to the things that are coming out of MY mouth.

No comments: