7.22.2008

smile

You never accuse of the many things,
But guilty so I prove.
You pleaded, prodded, begged of me
But atrophied muscles seldom move.
.
The one you see most everyday
Is cheaply taken off the shelf.
Is it not a perfect likeness?
A twin of its blooming former self?
.
One day you slowly dared to peep
Where others never travel,
My quaint white curtains drawn aside
Expose molded bits left to ‘ravel.
.
The window panes they blocked you out
Too bad glass is painted clear,
For in the end you caught a glimpse
Of each and every tainted tear.
.
Unshed -- unwed to a purpose or a reason
So much filth so deep ingested
How can I spit it out? I asked
“Be happy”, you suggested

3 comments:

Patrick said...

call me ignorant, but i don't get the title...

Patrick said...

Ok, i figured you would say something like that, but i wanted to make sure i didn't miss something.

Olivia Niederhauser said...

I really like this!