7.02.2008

overwhelmed

So much to do and say... it never, never, ever fits all into one day. It's a little depressing.

First and foremost I am very excited right now because I've just heard from a friend who has been silent for almost two years... I still love you and I didn't know that you visited me here but I'm so glad that you do. I shall write as soon as I can, there's so much to say.

a little story...

The windows were down and the music created a beautiful background for the movie worthy moment. Three friends, midnight approaching and the beauty of the dark and an open road stretching before them. Her retro '50's sunglasses kept the hair back from her face like a headband as her gaze shifted from the road to the sky. The stars were out. She hadn't realized that. It was rather like seeing an old friend for the first time after you've just gotten to the point of almost forgetting them. Memories of all those different nights and different situations all connected by the act of starring up at the stars... "Sometimes I think of stars like freckles," she spoke her thought aloud to no one as it suddenly occurred to her. The memories past away, the car sped on and she reminded herself not to forget the stars again. They are too wonderful. She is me.

No comments: