11.13.2008

anger

James 1:19-21
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

I usually get angry for two reasons. 1) I am hurt but I cannot show it/don't know how and so I get extremely angry instead. 2) People do something that I think is wrong and I get upset because for some reason I think I should be able to control them... neither of these things are beneficial. The last one might be on some occasions but not to the extreme that I sometimes take it.

So what to do?

My game plan: take more notice of my frequent anger and begin to gain better control over it. Question if what is making me angry is really worth it, or if its even any of my buisness. And about being hurt; find a different, more healthy way to express pain than shutting someone out.

No comments: