11.27.2008

Philly

I'm all about new experiences. I like to go new places and experience new things. In the book I'm currently reading, Irresistible Revolution, the author talks a lot about his travels and also his home in Philadelphia called The Simple Way. While reading this book I've gone back and forth between agreeing with him and disagreeing with him. He is very big on peace, love and joy but I wonder if he takes it too far. Maybe my mind is just too narrow because I've never worked to push it beyond the limits of my upbringing, biases and presuppositions.

That's why I would like to visit.

After talking with my parents the other night I've started to think of things to do with my life. I want to write but I'm not sure what to write about. I want to travel, but I'm not sure where to go. The people at The Simple Way community continually invite people to visit them and see what is happening. And I want to go. Not right now but I definitley want to keep it in mind as somewhere to visit and write about once I'm done with school. I've never considered Philly... but I'm kinda excited.

It's 1000 miles away though... Hmm.