11.10.2008

christmas

I thought it was time that I write about something happy…

Christmas!

Maybe I should be all Christian and write about how much Christmas means to me because Jesus was born… but…. Yeah… no. Sorry.

Personally one reason I love Christmas is because it gives me a strange "back-in-time" feeling. We’ve all celebrated Christmas through the years and it connects all of the time periods that I wish I could have been a part of. There’s the WWII Christmases represented to me by “White Christmas”, “Holiday Inn” and “It’s A Wonderful Life”. The Civil War Christmases brought to me by Louisa May Alcott. And of course, my own fun Christmas memories of having my own twinkle lights in my window, helping dad decorate the house and yard with thousands of lights (yes, we sometimes make Christmas Vacation references), and baking lots of cookies.

This is not the only reason I like Christmas, it's just one side of the dice...

No comments: